Friday, November 7, 2008

Getting to Know Nancy Mellon


NOLAA Gallery is excited to introduce Nancy Mellon to you today! Stop by the gallery and visit her if you are in town!



......in her own words.....

I am a multi media artist. The last 2 years I have been a blast making public art with the JAFAGirls....


I work in intense spurts intermingled with tense art cramps, when everything stops, until I meet up with another artist or some fabulous piece of art or a nice day or.... and get juiced again! I work with clay, pencils, acrylic paint, fabric, yarn and junk. I love people, nudes, conversations about big ideas, the color green, intense colors, esp, next to black, intricate patterns, Green County,(it's GREEN), my tree house studio ( not a real tree house, but I see leaves and branches out each window ). I especially love Yellow Springs, Ohio. It's beautiful with lots of trees and artists everywhere.






One of my favorite things to do is gallery sit in one of the galleries. I get to talk with customers from all over the world, visit with my art friends that drop by and tell people about all the wonderful things that they can do in Yellow Springs.



Nancy is represented by NOLAA Gallery & the Village Artisans in Yellow Springs.

Nancy's Top Ten Reasons to Buy Original Art.....

1. It makes you more creative by
having creative things in your space (osmosis)

2. it's solidarity with the artists of your world

3.it keeps interesting people in your area
(because they can afford to live there if somebody buys their work),

4. it's history (at least later on it will be! We know most things about
people of the past by the art they left behind,)

5. it comes with good vibrations attached

6. art that comes from the artist makes life come
alive

7. it's not canned (unless it's on a can)

8. it reminds you of magical things

9. it's made with fingers and brains,souls, it's a bit of humanity

10. It's a mystery....

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

man this chic rocks :)